Terms and conditions
1. HIRE AGREEMENT. Before the commencement of any trip, our Hire Agreement must be completed. The signatures of the Hire Agreement are responsible for ensuring that each member of the party is fully aware of the risks and health and safety issues involved. Additionally, each member of the party must be individually named on the Hire Agreement and each must affirm:
a. their acceptance of the terms of the Hire Agreement and its Obligations (Section 3, below);
b. that they have disclosed to us any medical conditions from which they suffer in respect of asthma, diabetes, epilepsy and heart disease;
c. that the hazards and safety rules have been explained to them by ourselves, and thay they are clearly understood;
Each member of the party aged 16 years and over must sign in their own right. Where any member of the party is under 16 years, a parent, guardian or responsible adult must sign on their behalf.
2. LETTING. We are letting and you are hiring the goods detailed on your hire schedule together with any accessories described (the Goods) for the period of hire shown thereon, upon the terms and conditions set out in the agreement including those set out on said schedule.
3. YOUR OBLIGATIONS. You shall:
3.1 USE AND LOCATIONS. keep the Goods in your possession and under your control at all times and use the Goods only within the area of, and for the purposes of, your trip previously agreed with us.
3.2 INSPECTION ETC. permit our representative access to the Goods at all reasonable times, for the purpose of inspecting, repairing and removing the Goods.
3.3 LOSS OR DAMAGE. be responsible for losses of, or damage to, the Goods caused by your own fault and indemnify us appropriately.
3.4 PROHIBITION AGAINST SALE ETC. not sell, underlet, or dispose of the Goods, and will indemnify us against all losses, costs, claims, damage and expenses howsoever occasioned by your breach of these conditions.
4. MAINTENANCE. It is our full obligation and forms part of these Terms and Conditions to maintain all goods hired as they are in a full working condition, provided that you have abided by all your Obligations (section 3, above).
5. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ETC. We accept no responsibility for consequential loss or damage howsoever arising from the letting evidenced by this agreement unless it arises from our negligent act or default.
6. BREACH. Should you commit any breach of this agreement we may terminate the agreement and your continued possession of the Goods will be without our consent.
7. CANCELLATION BY US. We have the right to cancel or re-schedule bookings at our discretion if adverse weather or water conditions are in force on the day of your booking. In these circumstances, deposits will be refunded in full.
8. CANCELLATION BY YOU. If you cancel your booking, we reserve the right to charge you according to the notice you have given us:
a. more than seven days - your deposit will not be returned
b. within seven (7) days but more than 48 hours - 50% of basic hire cost.
c. less than 48 hours notice - 100% of basic hire cost.
If you rearrange your booking at the time of cancellation, provided that it is more than 48 hours prior to the date of the original booking, your deposit will be moved to the new booking and no cancellation fees will be applied.
9. TERMINATION BY YOU. You have the right to terminate this agreement at any time. However, unless agreed otherwise, we are entitled to hold back from any refund of payments previously made what is likely to be reasonably needed to cover both any net costs to us of your termination, particularly with regard to the collection of the Goods, and/or the net loss of profit resulting directly from your termination.
10. DISCLAIMER. The River Wye Canoe Hire Company will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, it's servant or agent.
Don't forget to pick up your Loyalty Card during your visit!